Friday, October 30, 2009

The Recipe; Remembered In My Heart

]What are the ingredients that make for a happy marriage? What are the fundamental differences that separate happily and unhappily married couples?\

But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

I can say with confidence that I am happily married. I can also say with confidence that marriage is far more difficult than I envisioned it would be twelve years ago! How do couples survive the devastating blows of life? Loss of employment, financial hardship, stress, depression, miscarriages, the death of a loved one, the stress of child-rearing, and these are only my experiences. There have been those moments when I was so close to running. I was completely overwhelmed and certain that I couldn't live this way for one more second!

The Bible tells us, Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5 I know that our marriage has endured the storms because our home is built on the Lord. We may waver and tremble in the wind but our foundation is The Solid Rock. I have bitter-sweet memories of us crying/fighting late into the night, only to open our eyes in the morning to a world full of hope and promise. The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let God be exalted, the Rock of my salvation! 2 Samuel 22:47 Those moments, when we chose to surrender our burdens and cling to His promises and to each other, are remembered in my heart.

Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. Matthew 12:25

Where would Wayne and I be without Christ in our home? We would be as the gospel says, in desolation! He is the adhesive in our marriage. I have seen good friends become unglued...Either one or both of them stepped away from the Truth, or possibly, they never knew the Truth. The happiness in their home became a vapor.The train wreck was unavoidable and devastating. I am glad we serve a gracious and merciful Savior! Out of the ashes of an unhappy home the Lord is able to create a masterpiece. I've been reminded to never give up on anyone. The Lord will give you grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84: 11

2 comments:

  1. Amen! If I could add a verse on my heart, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I should site references...Ephesians 6:12

    ReplyDelete