Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Can't Do This

I can't do this! How many times have I said that? Probably, a bazillion! I can't clean this mess, I can't write this paper, I can't forgive her, I can't leave..... I have on occasion, buckled down, gritted my teeth and achieved what I thought was impossible. Lots of times, I've thrown my hands in the air and just walked away. Then, there have been those trials where I humbly surrendered to the Lord, the results were completely Him. Those moments, when I experienced the rewards of obedience, bring me comfort right now.

"I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this!" has been the mantra running through my head lately. I'd like nothing better than to stomp my feet on the floor and let out a blood curdling scream. (I'm not promising that I won't.) But, experience has taught me that a fit of rage will do more damage than good. Why does it seem like a dark cloud has descended upon us? When will the sun finally shine through? Is this as good as it gets? Is the Heavenly Father looking down and shaking his head at me? "It's your own mess little girl!"

It is my mess. I could walk around feeling shackled to it. Or, I can look to the SON who has never ceased to shine on me. Today, at this very moment.... I'm choosing to dance (I'll spare the public!), I am going to bask in the glory of Christ's mercy,  and I'm going to sing praises to the ONLY ONE! I can't do anything less.

I hope somebody will remind me tomorrow what I wrote today....

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised!  2 Samuel 22:4

For you are my lamp, O Lord; The Lord shall enlighten my darkness.  2 Samuel 22:29

The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let God be exalted. The Rock of my salvation! 2 Samuel 22:47

2 comments:

  1. It's me again. You are an amazing person, mom, wife, friend, etc. Just thought I'd let you know cause sometimes I think you just don't know. So scream, stomp,we will all still love you and have the same opinion. You are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead, dance in public! I hope the sun does shine down bright, beautiful and boldly on you today. Love you.

    ReplyDelete