Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Next Best Thing


We took the kids to the farm yesterday and had a picnic with Meme. It was delightful. The crop in the field surrounding her house rotates, it could be wheat, cotton, peanuts, soy beans or corn. It's wheat this year. My favorite. With the world in more chaos than my kitchen and pain all around us, I find myself watching the skies, waiting for "the day".  I am thankful for a tiny place in southeast Virginia that's the next best thing to heaven. Roots are good.


My youngest and my oldest.
Now that's a tree-full!
My Annie-girl.
Phoebe Cakes
That's Wayne's great grandparents' home over to the right.





2 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to say peanuts were your favorite.

    I didn't know you called Phoebe, Phoebe Cakes. I like it.

    I had a dream last night that you were pregnant - with your first! Crazy dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures, especially the children on the fence!

    ReplyDelete