Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Martyr's Voice Still Resonates....

Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I first learned about him when Wayne was studying the martyrs in seminary. He lost his life in 1945, a sacrifice poured out at the feet of Jesus. He gave so much to Christianity, to humanity. His words still resonate all these years later.

We teach our children at home. We try to feed them scripture everyday. We don't wish for college scholarships but hope for saints who can give a defense... To have the boldness of Bonhoeffer. Our prayer, that we raise children who will stand when the winds of change blow. And they will blow.

Jen from diaryof1.com wrote the most amazing article about Dietrich Bonhoeffer, her personal hero. You must read it. Then, you must share it.

The Staggering Relevance of Bonhoeffer

Thank you, Jen.

4 comments:

  1. Well, now I have to read the book mentioned. I desire this kind of courage in myself, but more so, I fear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Jess, we share the same fear. I find it interesting/ comforting that many of these great saints came from ordinary mamas who loved Jesus. I pray that even as I stumble through their childhood, I'll leave them with a hope to hold on to.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Reagan, for mentioning this here ~ I'm honored... Have a blessed day ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete