Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm the Quartermaster

Oh, how far we've come....

There wasn't a magic pill. The doctors had no answers. The therapist didn't have a clue.

It merely came down to this, he's our boy. Storms and all. And we love him, storms and all.

He's going to play for the NBA, someday. And we'll be those crazy old fans!

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:6

Honestly, I wanted to find the easy button. I persisted in the search even when Wayne and my gut told me that the long road was our only option. Friends hinted at "cutting back" and "simplifying" but I pressed on through the chaos. I frantically scrambled from one appointment to another with five unhappy children in toe. It was miserable. I was desperate to fix my son, but he wasn't broken. I was. We were stuck in a web of disappointment and frustration.

It was time to quit. I had to stay home. I had to cease the extras. I had to work on being me.... wife, mama, daughter, sister, friend. I cried a lot. I thought this extra stuff  kind of defined me. But as the weeks have passed, my focus has changed. While I haven't arrived (I'm a very slow learner), I have noticed.....

The storms are far less frequent and my basketball player finishes his math assignment everyday. This is nothing less than a miracle.

The irony isn't lost on me.

I'm the quartermaster of this home. That's who I am.

And we're coming along just fine.

God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Jer. 29:11 -- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    I'm sure this makes Him smile, Reagan! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for NBA dreams. And for mommas who keep dreams alive and home fires burning.

    ReplyDelete