Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Even As We Wait

Are you cheerful because you belong to Christ? Does His love comfort you? Is the Holy Spirit your companion? Has Christ been gentle and loving toward you? Philippians 2:1

I read this verse aloud during our family devotions the other day. The conviction of my own unhappiness and ingratitude hit me like a ton of bricks. You see, I've been holding my breath for the past few months, just waiting for "things" to get better. Waiting hurts. It's worn me out.

To learn humility is to learn contentment in all circumstances. Humility is not what we own or achieve, but in maintaining a teachable attitude, a willingness to bend to the will of the Father. ~Jan Silvious

Being truly cheerful, accepting His comfort, seeking His companionship, acknowledging His love for me....even as we wait. Humble or bitter, what will it be?

1 comment:

  1. Waiting does hurt. It really does. No matter what we're waiting for. But it's those little dark moments before the sun breaks through that we see things the most clearly, that we feel the love intended for us the most strongly. Wishing that for you today and that your waiting will know an end.

    ReplyDelete