Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What a Gem!

Ruby Carmichael Lowe has learned to climb up on the couch, the vacuum cleaner, the bar stools and into the bath tub! My wee little girl is growing by leaps and bounds! Just a little over two years ago she was a tiny secret. Unplanned and certainly unexpected, this precious baby has changed her mama's life....for good!

For the nine months preceding her birth I was at war, against myself. "Some" people thought I had my hands full with three children, they shook their heads when we had four and at the announcement of #5, the gloves were off. I should have ignored the comments, I shouldn't have imagined the gossip spreading down the pews, I should have prayed for the ones who looked at my growing belly with scorn....but I didn't. I fell, and I fell so hard.

God is good, so, so good! He saw my weakness and He sent reinforcements! I married the most wonderful man twelve years ago! Way back then, Wayne stood out in the crowd. He was different then the other college guys. He was a little bit older, his accent was a little bit stronger and he was the most genuine person I had ever met! Let me tell you, he has not disappointed me! Wayne is my best friend and my hero. He didn't throw up his hands in despair when I crumbled. He prayed for me, silently, out loud and faithfully.

So, as I watch Ruby's toddler antics, I am overcome! She is the answer to fervent prayer! Her name suits her well, she is our precious little gem! I have been richly rewarded despite my numerous failures. When I see my little girl crinkle up her nose and smile at me, I'm reminded how good my Saviour is!



"I Know the plans I have for you," announces the Lord. "I want you to enjoy success. I do not plan to harm you. I will give you hope for years to come." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. That's my favorite verse. Always has been. Ruby is a beautiful, beautiful blessing.

    P.S. - We still talk about Wayne's accent and the "7-11."

    ReplyDelete