Monday, May 3, 2010

Weary Bones

In my mind I'm still twenty and thin...The truth is, I was only thin when I was twenty! "Thin" didn't last long....But I enjoyed it while it lasted! Recently, I've felt a little more aged and weary. Make-up isn't as optional as it used to be and I may be forced to buy stock in under eye concealer and Red Bull. Where, oh where has my youth gone?

I'm on the pursuit of a little more zip and a dash of endurance. I don't want to accept this washed-up feeling. I realize I'm the chubby woman in the race. Next to last, huffing, puffing and stumbling. Will I make it to the finish line? My body says, "Girl, give it up!" But my heart is telling me that the pain is worth it! My goals aren't the least bit athletic other than they appear to be as unreachable as me finishing a marathon!

So, here I go! Praying that I'll be able to drop some extra baggage on this journey and pick up some umph! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13

4 comments:

  1. what are you up to??? :) whatever it is, you CAN do it. these bodies can amaze us if can put the mind to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the same journey...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We CAN do ALL things through Christ. That includes healthy doses of laundry. You do have strength that other see even when you can't. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you talking about, we are still twenty and thin. And, on the days we're not, there's Bare Minerals Eye Concealer.

    I just finished making curtains, and as we all know, I don't sew. Here's to reinventing ourselves daily and turkey burgers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete